Steps to Apply
Welcome to MCA Academy, a school that builds self-confidence, fosters the desire to learn, motivates children to succeed, and empowers them to achieve academic and personal goals in a safe and positive environment.
MCA Academy welcomes students of all races, religions, and national or ethnic origins. Students are selected for admission on the basis of their academic and personal qualifications.
Below you will find the steps of our application process:
STEP 1: Appointments are required except during the walk-in time frames during our Open House weeks. A schedule of our Open House weeks is included below.
STEP 2: Schedule your child’s Admission/Placement Exam.
STEP 3: Provide the following on or before your child’s scheduled Admission/Placement Exam date:
• Download and complete the Application for Admission.
• Provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport.
• Provide a copy of a photo identification for both parents.
• Submit the $100 non-refundable application fee. Payment may be made by check or online.
STEP 4: Please download, complete, and submit the following four documents to your child’s current school:
These forms should be mailed directly from your child’s current school to MCA Academy and is to include the official school stamp on the seal of the envelope.
STEP 5: Upon receipt of the test results and the documents outlined in Steps 3 and 4, we will contact you and discuss your child’s results.
STEP 6: Once your child has been accepted to MCA Academy, parents/guardians have seven days to complete and return the full registration packet with the deposit and tuition payment according to the payment plan selected.
Open House Week Schedule
10:30 am: walk-in group visits (no appointment needed)
Open House Dates for the 2018-2019 School Year
April 17 – 20, 2018
May 7 – 11, 2018
June 2018 – May 2019 TBA
Admission Policy & Schedule
ENTERING THE FOLLOWING ACADEMIC YEAR:
MCA Academy offers a priority admission deadline to secure your a seat for students applying for the following academic year. These dates are as follows:
• All steps of the admission process must be completed, test results must be available, and all required documents and fee must be received by March 1.
• MCA Academy’s decision and notifications are made by March 15.
• Full registration packet and deposit are due on April 1.
Application to MCA Academy is on a first-come, first-served basis. It may be necessary to place qualified applicants on a waiting list, if classroom space becomes unavailable.
ENTERING THE SAME ACADEMIC YEAR:
If MCA Academy is able to accommodate new students once a school year begins, conditions will vary, depending on the registration time and the results of the admission process.
• A student joining MCA Academy between August and October will be required to complete the curriculum for the school year in full.
• Applications are accepted in November and December for the second semester of the academic year.
• A student joining MCA Academy in January and February has had successfully completed the first semester of the academic year in an accredited school will be required to complete the curriculum for the second semester in full.
• Applications are accepted after the April 1st enrollment priority deadline for the upcoming school year on a first-come, first-served basis. It may be necessary to place qualified applicants on a waiting list if classroom space becomes unavailable.